- Eskander, S. and S. Fankhauser (2020). Reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from national climate legislation. Nature Climate Change, 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41558-020-0831-z
- Eskander, S., S. Fankhauser, and J. Setzer (2020). Global lessons from climate change legislation and litigation. No. W27365 National Bureau of Economic Research
- Crick, F., S. Eskander, S. Fankhauser, and M. Diop. 2018. How do African SMEs respond to climate risks? Evidence from Kenya and Senegal. World Development 2018 Aug 1; 108:157-168.
- Eskander, S. , E. Barbier, and B. Gilbert. 2018. Fishing and Non-Fishing Income Decisions: The Role of Human Capital and Family Structure. Land Economics, volume 94, issue 1, February 2018. [In-press version]
- Eskander, S. and E. Barbier. 2017, Tenure Security, Human Capital and Soil Conservation in an Overlapping Generation Rural Economy, Ecological Economics, Volume 135, May 2017, Pages 176-185.
- Eskander, S. and E. Barbier (2019). Adaptation to Natural Disasters through the Agricultural Land Rental Market: Evidence from Bangladesh.
- Eskander, S. and E. Barbier (2019). Legacies of Gusts and Bloods: Long-term Impacts of the Series of 1970-74 Disasters in Bangladesh
- Eskander, S., S. Fankhauser, S. Jha, S. Batool, and A. Qaisrani. 2017. Do Natural Disasters Change Savings and Employment Choices? Evidence from Pakistan. Grantham Research Institute WP Series 293, London School of Economics.
- Eskander, S., S. Fankhauser, and S. Jha. 2017. Do Natural Disasters Change Savings and Employment Choices? Evidence from Bangladesh.
- Eskander, S., T. Janus, and E. Barbier. 2016. Linking the unlinked: Trans-boundary water-sharing under water-for-leverage negotiations
- Eskander, S., and S. Shaffer. 2015. Impacts of Advertising Restrictions on Cigarette Market: Evidence from US CDC Data
- Eskander, S., N. Ushakova, S. Khadka, S. Choudhury and J. Shogren. 2012. Are multilateral agreements more efficient than bilateral? Evidence from experimental data
- Eskander, S., and E. Barbier. 2012. Altruism, subsistence consumption and economic growth
- Shaikh Eskander & Paul Steele (2019). Rural households in Bangladesh are shouldering the country’s climate burden, The Daily Star October 25, 2019.
- Crick, F., & Eskander, S. M. (2018). How businesses in sub-Saharan Africa are adapting to climate change. LSE Business Review.
Policy Reports and Permanent WPs
- Ludi, Eva, et al. Pathways to resilience in semi-arid economies (PRISE) CARIAA consortium report February 2014-November 2018. Pathways to Resilience in Semi-Arid Economies (PRISE) Consortium, 2019.
- Eskander, S., S. Fankhauser, and S. Jha. 2016. Do Natural Disasters Change Savings and Employment Choices? Evidence from Bangladesh and Pakistan. Economics Working Paper Series 505, Asian Development Bank, December 2016
- Eskander, S. 2011. A Policy Scan of ODA in the Education Sector: Bangladesh, in MLA Khan et al (eds.) “ODA for Education in Asia and the Pacific”, Asia South Pacific Association for Basic and Adult Education, 43-66
- Ellis, K., R. Singh, S. Eskander, and I. Huq. 2010. Assessing the Economic Impact of Competition: Findings from Bangladesh, Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
- Eskander, S., and D. Akter. 2005. Gender Parity (Non)-achievement in Education MDG: Bangladesh Update, Education Theme, ActionAid Bangladesh
- Eskander, S., and H. Bekkers. 2008. Poverty-profiling of Some Selected Rural and Urban Areas of Bangladesh, Working Paper 1, Poverty Study Series, SwissContact-Katalyst
- Eskander, S., M. Tanvir and H.A. Farooque. 2008. Aid Effectiveness in Bangladesh Education Sector: A Case Study of PEDP-II, ActionAid Bangladesh
- Eskander, S. 2007. Do Wage Bill Caps Prevent the Hiring of Teachers? ActionAid International